Standard Permit Request

Standard permits are for the most part the most common routine, non-scheduled, type of landing and overflight permit required. What makes the difference between a standard permit and any other type of permit, which documents are required, and processing time is all explained below.

Who needs a standard permit?

A standard permit is required for any routine, non-scheduled operation. Routine permits apply to aircraft which have full standard paperwork ; that is a Certificate of Airworthiness, Certificate of Registration, and valid Insurance. Routine also means aircraft that do not have any dangerous goods or are not operating diplomatic missions. If the aircraft is operating on a permit to fly, for example, then a complex permit will be required. Airlines or operators planning on conducting scheduled, regular flights to a destination will need a block permit, rather than a single routine permit.

Which countries require a permit?

Each country has their own regulations regarding permit requirements. The regulations take into consideration the country of registration of the aircraft, aircraft size, purpose of the flight, and distance flown with their FIR. As a general overview most countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, Russia, and South/Central American require permits.

Required documentation

The basic information required for permit application are

  • Certificate of Airworthiness
  • Certificate of Registration
  • Valid Insurance - inclusive of third party liability
  • Copies of licenses, medicals, and passports of each crew member
  • If passengers are on board a copy of their passport as well

This is a standard list and each CAA may at any time request additional information

Processing time

As a standard rule of thumb, permit applications take a minimum of 3 working days, and for some countries can take upwards to 7 working days. It's important to note that most CAA's do not work on the weekends and obtaining a permit, or a revision, during this time can be very tricky

Permit validity

For most countries the minimum validity period issue with a permit is 24hrs, however most permits are valid for 48hrs-72hrs. A change in routing, destination or departure point, or aircraft will also require a revision



Standard Permit Processing
Add To Cart

North Korea Permits

You might be surprised to know that obtaining an overflight and landing permit for North Korea is actually pretty straight forward, as long as you have all the required paperwork in place.

Overflight Permits

All operators, regardless of what type of operation they are conducting, will require an overflight permit. The CAA requires basic information: Aircraft type/registration, DOF, Entry/Exit Point etc. Processing time for this permit is generally 3 business days, however if needed for a last minute operation a permit can generally be expedited. Permits are valid for 72hrs. In case there is a change to entry/exit points, routing while inside Pyongyang FIR (ZKKP), or a delay in excess of 72 hrs a revision will need to be submitted. It's also very important to note that it is only allowed to fly on the airways that are approved

Landing Permits

Landing permits can be obtained but require a minimum of 7 business days to process. Before the application goes into the CAA it is really important to ensure that all the required paperwork is in order so any delays can be avoided. In addition to the documents above the CAA will require a COR, COA, valid insurance, copies of all crew members licenses, passports, and North Korean visas, information, and contact details of the receiving party in Pyongyang. It is also important to note that all arrivals and departures must be from Pyongyang (ZKPY). Visas must also be prearranged as there are no visa's on arrival.

Safety Concerns

Recent missile operations have been taking place in off the shores of North Korea, creating a lot of concern from the global community. None of the missiles are being directed at an civil aviation aircraft, it is worth noting that most of the missiles are following a North/South pattern - which is also the direction of most of the international airways. Now some countries have issued their own alerts (SFAR 79), advising operators to stay clear of ZKKP, but it is advised to check with you CAA prior to commencing any flights.


from 160.00
Processing Time:
Add To Cart

FSB Operational Flight Plans

Looking for a complete and accurate Operational Flight Plan for your next trip? We can do that for you!

What types of Flight Plans do we offer?

We offer customizable Full Airline and Private Ops OFPs, OFP/CFP, ATC Filing, Test Flight, ETOPS, and ETP's

Details of each Flight Plans we offer

  • Normal Operational Flight Plan (OFP): A computer generated Flight Plan specific to individual Aircraft and Engine Type, with accurate forecast wind based Nav Log, Fuel Burns, valid ATC Routes, Alternate suggestion, ETOPS data, ETP calculations (Engine Out, Depressurisation, Medical Diversion), Overflight costs. $80.00
  • ATC Filed Flight Plan: ICAO Standard International Flight Plan suitable for AFTN filing, created and filed to FIR of departure and enroute FIR's, Eurocontrol validated where necessary. $60.00
  • Weather Package: NOTAM, METAR/TAF, PIREPS, Weather Charts (SigWx, Winds) $50.00
  • Complete Package: OFP, ATC File, and Weather Package $140.00
  • Test Flight Plan: For Route Evaluation purposes, a full OFP specific to Aircraft and Engine Type, with historical wind data specific to month of operation, showing Fuel Burn, Route Distance, and Overflight Fees. $70.00

What are the details we need from you?

  • Aircraft type, weights including MTOW, MLW, MZFW, and BOW
  • Engine type
  • Cruise/speed profile
  • Fuel policy
  • On board NAV and Comms Equipment

Once you've decided what flight plan package will suit your operation we will send you a completely customized OFP for your review, any changes that need to be made before departure will be done to ensure a smooth and perfect operation.

Operational Flight Plan
from 50.00
Type of Plan:
Add To Cart

Regulatory Requirements for the Ops into the USA : What and when it's needed

Not only is flying to/from the U.S.A a bit tricky, but so is ensuring that you have complied to all the regulatory requirements. Here we will break down what is needed, when it's needed, and who needs what!

eAPIS Transmission

Now this probably the easiest and most straight forward transmission that will need to be filed when operating into and out the US. ALL operators, yes even N registered aircraft, must file an eAPIS (electronic advanced passenger information system) transmission with CBP. CBP requires basic passport information, as well as some details on the aircraft, trip, and destination of each passenger. It's a sort of heads up as to whom is coming or leaving the US, and what each passengers plans are during their stay. FSB are master eAPIS transmitters - so drop us a line and ensure this done correctly for your next trip!


Recent changes now means that that all aircraft - with the exception of US registered aircraft weighing less than or equal to45,500 kgs - will require a TSA waiver to transit US airspace. For domestic operations only large - aircraft weighing more than 45,500 kgs, r- will require a waiver. This applies to foreign operators as well. If you already have set up an TSA approved safety program then you will not require a TSA waiver for any type of operation. Standard processing time for these waivers are a strict 5 business days. It is very important that for each waiver all crew, passenger, and aircraft details are known, because if a change needs to take place processing time is another 5 days. If you need a waiver let us know and we will send you a detailed list of what we need to obtain it on your behalf.

BOE - Border Overflight Exemption

A BOE allows any operator the right to overfly the first airport of entry when that aircraft is operating from an airport that is south of 33 degrees parallel.  Geographically this means all flights from Mexico, Caribbean, South and Central America. Now there are two types of BOE's that can be obtained - 1) Single BOE or each aircraft. This makes sense if you operate only a specific aircraft to/from the above mentioned destinations, are a medivac operator, or a one time charter flight : or 2) a fleet BOE which encompasses all aircraft in your current fleet. When applying for this permit it is very important to ensure you have all pilots that will, or even may, be operating future flights as they will be the only ones approved. Obviously processing time for a single BOE is much shorter, generally 15 business days, however a fleet (or term) BOE takes up to 30 days to process. Think you may need a BOE - send us an email and we will let you know for sure.


Special Permits - Flight Authorisation

Special Permits - Flight Authorisation

Every aircraft operating on a Special Airworthiness Certificate, such as a Ferry Permit requires a Special Authorisation from each country being overflown or landed in. This is normally requested from the Ministry of Transport for that country, or the technical department of the Civil Aviation Authority.