PANAMA Overflight Permit

Screen Shot 2015-12-11 at 2.57.37 pm.png
Screen Shot 2015-12-11 at 2.57.37 pm.png

PANAMA Overflight Permit

from 160.00

The overflight permit for Panama can now be processed online. Add to cart and then upload your documents.

Processing Time:
Add To Cart
Do I need a Permit for Panama?
— All flights, including overwater, require a Permit

Permit Requirements: All operations over Panamian territory require a permit. This includes all flights through the MPZL/Panama FIR. A CENAMER Notification is not required, as Panama is not part of the COCESNA Airspace.
Documents Required: Registration, Airworthiness, Insurance, Licenses, Medicals.
Lead Time: Civil Aviation processing is 2 working days.
Validity: Permits are normally valid for 72 hours.
Permit Format: The permit is issued as TA, then a four digit number, which should be placed in Field 18 of your flight plan in the format RMK/PERMIT PANAMA TA8032.
Aviation Authority Fees: Permit fees are included in the price above. ATC Navigation Fees are billed to the Aircraft Operator directly by Panama.
Airspace Map for MPZL/Panama FIR: View above to check your route.

Special Permits

  • Specific Approval: All countries require a Special Permit to overfly if you are operating on a Ferry Permit, Special Flight Authorization, Special Airworthiness Certificate, or have any other departure from standard ICAO documents. Approval is normally given by the Department of Transport rather than the Aviation Authority. Processing time is 5 days. Read more about this type of permit here.
  • Dangerous Goods: Any aircraft carrying Dangerous Goods (DG's) as specified in ICAO Annex 18 and the Technical Instructions, requires Approval from the country overflown. For this service, contact directly.
  • Block Permit: For Panama, IATA Summer and Winter Seasonal permits are available for Airlines and regular operators. Navigation Charges are billed direct to the Operator. For a block permit, order directly at

Document Upload

Add the required permit to your cart, then use the Document Collector below to submit the documents to Civil Aviation for your flight. Make sure all are clear and legible, especially for names, license numbers and dates. If you prefer, you can also just email them to